Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week #2

My Grandma Schaffer meeting her great-grandson for the very first time!
They had a nice little chat.
My dad cuddling up with Ethan.

Haha, yep...my dad is definitely a kid magnet. Kids LOVE him!
Ethan snuggling with his great auntie Char.
Daddy entertaining his little buddy.
Ryan and I posing for a quick picture at my Grandma Schaffer's house. Ry is such a stud..haha!
An exhausted mommy and her sweet little baby. All of the socializing and coming and going has finally caught up to me. Along with getting no sleep and feeding Ethan every 2-3 hours.
There really is no denying that we are extremely tired! Notice how Ethan wants nothing to do with taking a picture...he's strictly interested in nursing!Ethan loves his "Kangaroo" time!!!

Well another week has gone by and we are still hanging in there. I'd have to say that this week has been more of a challenge...I think I must have been on some kind of "mommy high" the first week because I felt great; not really that tired. This week the level of exhaustion is off the charts! Between having a hemoglobin of 8.0 and feeding Ethan every 2-3hrs I have no energy...hopefully that will change by next week.

We went in for Ethan's 2wk check up at Children's Clinic on Tuesday, October 16th. He is still as healthy as can be and is a whopping 7lbs 11oz!! I once again forgot to bring my camera...that will be our goal for his 2month check-up.

I almost forgot...Ryan gave Ethan his very first bottle ever!! Ry has been patiently waiting for the chance to feed the little guy. So I decided to test out that fancy breast pump I had gotten at the hospital. Needless to say everyone went to bed happy that night!!

0 comments: