Friday, May 25, 2007

Survey Ultrasound

Today was the "20wk survey ultrasound", which went very well!! Here's little Ethan doing a somersault. I think he was just showing off to everyone in the room. Needless to say I was surely impressed! If you look closely at this picture you can see the placenta. (It's directly across from his tush.)
This picture is slightly disturbing, I'll admit. The eye sockets make him look kinda scary, we still love him though!
His little feet are so darn cute!!
An even better shot of his little foot and toes.
Another profile of Ethan's adorable head!

Before the ultrasound today I had a prenatal visit, which included a small deceleration in the baby's heart rate. I got a little emotional and immediately thought he may have some cardiac anomalies or something. Sometimes working in the birth center can be bad for your mind, thinking the worst because of something you may have seen recently. The ultrasound showed that his heart is perfect. Whew! They also checked out his spine, facial features, stomach, kidneys, bladder, liver, brain, and measured his femur. All of which were perfect as well. He has a normal three-vessel umbilical cord with good blood flow. I am 20 5/7weeks, but he is measuring 21 3/7weeks...which estimates his weight at a whopping 15oz (418g). The last "official" ultrasound we had he was measuring two days smaller, now he's measuring five days larger...he must've had a growth spurt!! I felt so much better after the ultrasound, just having that reassurance that everything is okay with our little guy.

He has been moving around like a mad man lately. At times it takes me off guard and I jump a little. My goal is to start enjoying this pregnancy more and stop worrying so much. I really do feel at ease after this last ultrasound so I think it's a very realistic goal!!

3 comments:

Jessie's Blog said...

Half way there!!!!! The next 20 weeks will go by so fast! I hope everything continues to keep going well! Try not to worry too much. You're right, sometimes we know too much! I can't wait to start reading some blogs with baby pictures! Take Care!

Melissa and Derrick said...

Wow Anne I can't believe how much he's grown!!! It's so hard to believe that there's a real human being growing fast inside us! You got some really nice pics, keep em coming!!!!

Melissa

tina and gary said...

I was looking at Logan's ultrasounds and seeing how big he was in lbs at each :
20wks 1 lb
26wks 2 lbs 97th percentile
31wks 6lbs 6oz
34wks 9lbs 8oz
birth 11lbs 14oz 23"long
thank goodness I went into labor before his scheduled c section because I could hardly walk. Felt like a huge bowling ball sitting on my pelvis. I gained 19lbs with him. Will be interesting to see how big Ethan will get.