Sunday, February 25, 2007

8 Weeks

I am 8 weeks today! Last Monday we got a call from the clinic with our ultrasound results. Everything with the baby looks perfect!! But it appears that I have a cyst on my left ovary. I am thankful to say that I haven' t had any pain due to this new discovery. I did a little bit of research at work, and many symptoms of ovarian cysts mesh with pregnancy symptoms...like nausea/vomiting, pressure/fullness in the abdomen, and breast tenderness. All of which I have had the joy of experiencing first hand...haha!! So in the meantime this is just another condition to be monitored during our journey to parenthood!!

Wednesday (February 21st) I had my first appointment with Dr. Ladella at MPP (Minnesota Perinatal Physicians). I was referred to these high risk doctors because I have a blood coagulation disorder called Factor V Leiden, which causes excessive clotting. I now take daily injections of lovenox, an anti-coagulant ("blood thinner").




Wednesday was also our departure date for our 5day ski trip up to Lutsen, MN!! We had perfect traveling weather heading up there until the last ten miles of the trip. Upon arrival we were challenged with trying to get my little sporty car up the cabin's big snow covered driveway. After several attempts we surrendered and walked up the mile long driveway for help getting our stuff up to the cabin. (No cell phone reception at the cabin to call them for help!) It was a weekend full of drinking and skiing, neither of which Anne could participate in. Instead, during the day time she went off to explore surrounding towns/cities. Ryan made big improvements in his skiing technique this year....no bunny hills for him!!! Our trip home was quite the adventure, we had the pleasure of driving through the biggest snow storm we've gotten this year! Anne lost control of the car just outside of Duluth and we slid into the ditch, but thankfully we ended up sliding right back out too!! What a miracle that turned out to be. It made for a very long and tense drive home, doing speeds of no more than 45mph. We finally made it home around 10:15pm...we had left the cabin around 2:30pm. What-a-day!!

1 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

What!?! I have to work more if crazy things like this are going to happen. Congrats! and welcome to the baby-making crew. What are they going to do at work? They're definitely going to have to hire more people for nights. Yay! I can't wait to give your belly a rub on Thursday night.

Love ya,
Heidi Sue